It started as an homage, Loophole style, at the Berlinale frenzy that takes over Berlin every February. In the community of artists doing things at Loophole several were making movies. We invited them and their friends, and friends of friends to send us their work, with only two rules: they had to be Berlin based and tell a story.
That was 2012 and the first edition of Boddinale.
Since then the same rules still apply:
- To join Boddinale directors have to be Berlin based, somehow
- Works have to tell a story
- Directors have to come to their screening and talk to their public right after
- The program is shown only once and on all screens simultaneously
- Boddinale is free entrance
- Everyone should pay back the directors by talking about their works, on- or off-line
- We do make expections